Lake Time

Lake Time
Okiboji 7/2011

Monday, July 4, 2011

Week 3 of 12....The march to Madison Continues

Today started out with a nice swim but only 2500 yards.  Worked on 50 and 100 yard ladders for sprints then at the end added some endurance work.  100's today were landing on 1:25 so still making minute improvements.  I am there with the endurance for me the correction has to be in my stroke but I don't want to change things now with only 9 weeks of training left.  2.4 miles are looking to be around 1 hour and 20 minutes.  Would like to see it a little faster but with 2200 other swimmers starting at the same time you never know what will happen.

Run today was 60 minutes and included 3 x 1 mile repeats.  Not the fastest in the world today but hung on for 6:40's.  Not to shabby after a fun evening of jack, wine, and beer.  Yep, mixed em all and got away with it.  Felt great this am.

Right knee was bugging me in the pool.  Noticed during my kicks.  That again is the right ITB.  It gets tight in the hip first and makes its way down to the knee.  Will be working on the tight hamstrings and ITB all week.  Will consist of stretching, icing, tennis ball and a massage.  If no better might to a little ultrasound with my friends at Altoona Physical Therapy.  Also noticing a ball by my right shoulder blade.....Noticed yesterday on the bike even though I was comfortable in the aero position for 99% of the ride. 

Well happy Independence Day to you all.

Little piece of Jamaica here....My wife and I in Negril, Jamaica.  Pics following us renewing our wedding vows after 10 years.

Happy birthday to one of my great friends Shane A. Grego.....39 years young today.

No comments: