Lake Time

Lake Time
Okiboji 7/2011

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Swim

  • Swim time = 60 minutes.  First 30 we worked on stroke correction and really pulling through the water vs pushing through the water.  This has been my biggest improvement throughout the year.  My 100 yard started at 1:43 on Nov 1st and today we nailed it at 1:24.  So very happy.  I would really like to be at 1:18 before IM Wisc.  Right now my sights are on finishing the swim in 1 hour and 20 minutes but like the coach says the swim never wins a race :). 
  • We then put on the fins and concentrated on spending more time in the front quadrant and rolling.  Seemed easy today.
  • We then went with the between the leg bouy and concentrated on bilateral breathing.  I HATE THIS!!!!  It is only because it is hard for me.  It is really coming along though.  Did this for 15 minutes and I have to say the strokes and breathing seemed easier plus I truly think the once I have this down my overall time for the 100's will come down. 
  • Finish the day off with a timed 500 and it was nothing spectacular....8:01.
Going to skip the run for now and spend some time on the honey due list, clean up the bike, oil the chain, and well watch animal planet.

No comments: