Lake Time

Lake Time
Okiboji 7/2011

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hump Day

Well this week is moving right along and we are making slow progress.

Today I biked 25 miles on a stationary bike and it felt good.  A training partner and I worked on 30/30's.  Thirty seconds on at 120% of FTP and then 30 seconds off.  I then hopped on the treadmill and ran a very slow mile.  Came home and ran another .4 miles without stopping.  The running is the hard part for me cause it is what I really love to do and I want to speed up but fearful to cause I don't want to make this injury last longer than need to be.

I am being fitted for a functional Donjoy ACL brace tomorrow during my PT appointment.  Hoping that gives me the comfort level to start increasing the speed and intensity a little.  My goal is to still start my out season program with EN on 10/1/11.

Not much more to report.  Should have the new bike in house by next Friday and hoping to get in a few long rides before putting her on the trainer in the pain cave for the long winter a head of us.

Later.

No comments: