Lake Time

Lake Time
Okiboji 7/2011

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

HUMP DAY

Well after a great night of sleep we rose to a venti skinny Carmel latte with an extra shot of espresso, ahhhhhhh :).  Breakfast consisted of a 3 egg white, Swiss cheese, turkey, wheat wrap.  Trying to keep the protein and carbs up for healing and energy.  Also drinking about 3 liters of water a day.  Broke down this afternoon after visiting the Statue of Liberty and the World Trade Center area and had a large chocolate cone and just finished a yummy large peanut butter with m&m cookie.

Went to Central Park and ran a loop for the run today which was 6.2 miles.  Total miles for the week now is close to 31 miles.  Tomorrows run is my last big one and I really excited to run it but also a little sore.  Relaxing tonight with my feet up/in bed at the hotel while the gang is all out.  With run tomorrow which should net me 18 miles my weekly total will be 49!!!  I will then spend some time stretching and rolling and stretching and rolling.  Will then put on the compression gear and continue this throughout Friday while traveling home in preparation for my race rehearsal # 2 which takes place Saturday.

After Saturday we start week 10 of the twelve week workout and this means TAPER.  During this slow taper it will be important to cont to eat very healthy and do nothing to injure myself during this time.  We have came so far and to get injured and not be able to race would kill me.

Well gang enjoy the night and see you soon.

To my family I miss you guys so much and love you.  I am ready to come home.  Tomorrow is the closing ceremonies and we are honoring the ten year anniversary of the World Trade Centers and the 343 brothers and sisters who gave all that day.

GOD BLESS

No comments: