Lake Time

Lake Time
Okiboji 7/2011

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday

Yesterday was our back week for our marathon training and it went well.  We took off at 0400 and ran a route that we use to run when training for the DSM Marathon.  Started out not sure if I was going to be able to finish cause my quads and lower back were sore.  Thursday and Friday were both very hard bike workouts and now thinking of it Wed was a hell of a interval workout so this week has been HARD!!!!

Today I believe a new training partner and I are biking to Colfax and back.  Nice easy recovery ride.  Its then shoulder and back day in the gym.  Caleb and I have a photo shoot today with Mrs. Pike to get some new action shots for our web page and charity.  Things are really starting to come together.  I am looking forward to our training and goals that we will be setting out to accomplish.  2012 is going to fly bye cause of all the items on the agenda!!!!!  Looking forward to it though. 

Well week 4/20 comes to an end today and Tuesday starts week 5.  The bike interval look the same as week 4 then week 6 they jump up from 15 min to 20 minutes.  The mile repeats are now 4x1 mile repeats at the threshold pace.  Always look forward to those.  I do all my speed work on a treadmill vs track.  Therefore, if I stop I know I am being thrown off the back. 

I broke down earlier in the week and took the bike in the basement and did Thursday's workout on the trainer.  Damn, I forgot how hard those are and how much I really hate the trainer.  Friday it was beautiful so Mike and I went outside for a couple of hours.  He cried a little about the wind but in his favor no matter which way we turned it was in our faces.  Makes us that much stronger though. 

Well Caleb and I will get some pictures uploaded here in the next few days and will update the website.

Take care and be safe out there.  Remember to get your daily protein!!!!

No comments: