Lake Time

Lake Time
Okiboji 7/2011

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday, June 28, 2011. Swim, bike, and run

Well another day of training is upon me.  Today will consist of:

  • 3000 yard swim-today includes both speed and endurance.  Working at the 200 yard distance today.
  • 1:20 min bike to include several FTP (functional threshold) bursts.  
  • 35 minute brick run to include a few HMP burst.  
It is beautiful here in Iowa today.  Sun is shining, not a cloud in the sky and wind at 5-10 mph.  Will be a great day.

This week is a hard one for me cause I have to move several of my workouts around d/t time trades at the fire station.

Learning to listen and allow the body to dictate my workouts.  If I am tired and just don't feel the love then I back off.  May still do the entire workout but cut the intensity in half.  

Well I will be reporting back after the workouts are completed.  Feeling a little tired today from the weekends workouts and race I am sure but we will give it a go.

Pre race workout nutrition:
  • Coffee
  • Potato Bread and Peanut Butter (2 slices with 1 tsp of PB on each)
  • a doughnut hole....okay maybe a few

No comments: