Lake Time

Lake Time
Okiboji 7/2011

Friday, July 8, 2011

Stride day and LRP.....Friday, July 8, 2011

TGIF !!!!!!
Surprised that when I woke I was minimally sore.....so I thought until I started the run this am.  Today was a 40 minute run at LRP plus 8 strides.  Strides consists of #1 keeping your form and striding out.  Coach likes to see 30 left foot strikes in 20 seconds.  If you can not do that without breaking good running form then obviously you need to slow down.  Overall run today for me was a 7/10. 

I had a hard time slowing down enough to hit the LRP.  My LRP is 9:05.  Today overall run was 5.1 miles with an ave moving pace of 8:29.  I did my strides from light pole to light pole on a straight away.  It was 31 steps for me from one to another.  I would then slow my pace down for the next set and take off again at the following pole.  Went well.  Overall sweat rate was high today d/t the humidity.  I think I put a gallon of water in the system yesterday though.

Today I will drink sports drinks throughout the day and some foods high in salt content.  Tomorrow brings in a 1 hour swim, then a 4 hour bike ride to be at Ironman Pace.  Looking to ride at .73 IF, followed by a 60 minute run.  About 6 hours in total tomorrow.  We call this a BIG Training day. 

However my first race rehearsal is the weekend of 7/29 and that will consist of a 4200 yard swim, 112 mile bike ride and a 60 minute run.  That one will take place in Madison, Wisc.  Then in week 9 of the 12 week plan we repeat that day and hopefully by then I will have things dialed in to give myself an idea of a goal for the race that takes place on 9/11/11.

Well time for a soak in the hot tub, massage for an hour today, then family time this evening.

Have a great weekend!!!!!

No comments: