Lake Time

Lake Time
Okiboji 7/2011

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

2012 will be a 3 peat for me.

Well today started with a bang.  Planned on sleeping in a little but was wide awake at 0600.  So I guess I got to sleep in for 2 more hours since I am usually up at 0400.

Just didn't feel well from the get go.  Had the chills and felt as if I was running a fever but the thermometer said no.  So off I went.

Today's workout was interval's for me:  The plan called for 45 minutes and to include a wu which I did one mile and 5 up hill 30 sec strides.  Then 4x200's on 50 sec, 4 x 400 on 1:30, and 4 x 200's on 50 seconds.  Then cooled down with a very easy mile.

Note I do all my winter running to include interval workouts on a treadmill.  The incline is always at .5-1.

Then lifted chest.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now get this I am honored to be doing the first ironman of the year 2012 - St George, Utah -  http://ironmanstgeorge.com/ - The second being Ironman Wisconsin - http://ironmanwisconsin.com/ and now will be closing out the year 2012 with the last Ironman scheduled for 2012........you guessed it......Ironman Cozumel - http://www.ironmancozumel.com/

We decided to follow my second Ironman up next year with a 3rd and to make this one a family vacation to include Thanksgiving.  My 3rd full Ironman of 2012 will be in Cozumel, Mexico.



What the hell why not go from doing zero full distance Ironman's to three.  For those of you that are not aware with the full distance its consists of a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and a 26.2 mile run.  This must all be completed in 17 hours. 

 I was to do IM Wisc last year but was injured in a bicycle accident 2 weeks prior to the race and tore my MCL and ACL.  I am back and ready to roll.  This has made me so damn determined and to never say never.  

has really assisted me with my training and made it so much fun meeting new people and wanting to always do the training knowing that I am getting to that next level.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow morning will be my last workout for the week.  We are again back to the bike and VO 2 Max workouts.  Looking forward to that and seeing if we can raise the bar to 3 min for each burn.  Training with me again are Mike the ironman Morrison and a new comer some of you will get to met who is known as Johnathan Barlow.  He is going to be an animal.  

We leave for our second home this Friday-Jamaica!!!!!!



No comments: