Lake Time

Lake Time
Okiboji 7/2011

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday

Well yesterday brought me a 3000 yard swim in the local SYP.  Tried a friends long sleeve wet suit and about fried myself (over heated) in the pool.  After 1000 yards I was done with that.  Took it off and I was drenched from sweat.  Then had a 60 minute run to include 3 one mile repeats at my threshold pace.  I think between the swim and run I lost some serious water weight and electrolytes.  Worked on replacing them yesterday.

This am got up and ran the 90 minutes as scheduled.  Very tough run for me following yesterdays mile repeats.  Today called for 40 minutes easy and 40 minutes at M pace (7:19).  I struggled holding onto that pace for more than 10 minutes so just ran the best/most comfortable pace that I could.  Ended just at 10 miles for 1:24.  Slower than I wanted but got it done.  Also lost another nice workout shirt this am :(...... But hey when you have to go then you have to go.

Weighed in this am at 150.1.  Race goal weight is 145.  Very doable.  That will but me close to 3.5/kg on the bike.  Just think when I started in Nov I was at 2.6 so very happy with the improvements.  Started to look as if my weight is needing and intervention and being told I look anorexic and the cheek bones are starting to show.  Every year when my A race is here this is what I am told so I know I am where I need to be.  They are just all jealous. :).

Well tomorrow brings in a 60 minute swim and a 40 minute run.  Ahhhhhhhh a little bit of a break.

Be safe out there.

No comments: