Lake Time

Lake Time
Okiboji 7/2011

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Oct 1

October 1st and the Endurance Nation OutSeason is now in full effect.  I did my 42 minute bike FTP test on Monday and lost only 10 watts post injury so was excited about that.  I went from 250 to 240 watts.  My vDOT test on the other hand took an upper cut!!! :(....  I went from a 50 to a 44.  I am still not able to get a full stride with the left leg.  I am however able to run 15 miles at a 9:30 pace.  I know be patient and it will come.

On Thursday however I did my bike workout which consisted of 2x8 min FTP with a 2 min break in between them and I rocked em.  #1 was 1.008 and the second was the same.  I was holding 325 watts for 30 seconds at a time fairly comfortable.  I can see a FTP bump coming for sure if we were to stay outside.  Note I say that cause in Iowa remember it gets brrr ass cold and we are forced to do our biking inside on a trainer and we loose around 20-25 watts right away.  Yea it really sucks.  I guess you can say it really makes us mentally stronger in the long run.  I will have a few 4.5 hour trainer days in my future.

Well I am Pierre, SD and getting ready to go and tackle this 13 mile run scheduled for today.  I am running the Jamaica marathon with the power twin on 12/3.  Yes in sunny, humid, Jamaica. 

Be safe out there and get your ass up and work out.

Carl

No comments: